Saturday 5 January 2019

Do as directed




1. Hundreds of these little birds would land on the paddy to squeeze the milk from the tender rice.
(Rewrite it into compound).
Hundreds of these little birds would land on the paddy and squeeze the milk from the tender rice.
2. How beautiful the sight was! (Rewrite as assertive.)
The sight was very beautiful.
3. I rushed to the site and begged the tree cutters to spare trunk. (Rewrite as simple sentence.)
Rushing to the site I begged the tree cutters to spare the trunk.
4. I looked into all the nest and saw smashed eggs in two of them.(Rewrite as complex sentence.)

Complex : When I looked into all the nest, I saw smashed eggs in two of them.
5. When I reached home from school, he would fly down and land on my head. ( Rewrite using 'as soon as'. )
As soon as I reached home from school, he would fly down and land on my head.
6. I would show him my finger. (Rewrite using 'used to'.)
I used to show him my finger.
7. By putting the sharp end of the upper beak stationary in the plate, he would drink the milk by moving his tongue and lower beak. (Rewrite as compound sentence. )
He would put the sharp end of the upper beak stationary in the plate and drink the milk by moving his tongue and lower beak.
8. He put each grain between his upper and lower beaks deftly. ( Identify the tense. )
Simple Past Tense
9. He put each grain between his upper and lower beaks and deftly removed the chaff, pressing the lower palm.(Rewrite as simple sentence.)
Putting each grain between his upper and lower beaks he deftly removed the chaff, pressing the lower palm.
10. After filling his little stomach he would go into his cage. (Rewrite as complex.)
When his little stomach filled, he would go into his cage.
11. I would close the cage and put it near my pillow. (Rewrite as Simple sentence.)
Closing the cage I put it near my pillow.
12. When he became a fully grown up one, he began to go far and wide. (Rewrite as simple sentence.)
After becoming a fully grown up one, he began to go far and wide

WhatsApp Queries
[06/02, 9:56 AM] Kumbhar Madam: O wise one! Could you give me the answer to my three questions? the kind said to hermit .( Rewrite using Indirect Narration)
[06/02, 9:57 AM] Kumbhar Madam: She held it out to him.( Begin with 'It...')
[06/02, 10:00 AM] Kumbhar Madam: The most important time was when you were digging the beds.(Change to positive degree)
[06/02, 10:02 AM] Kumbhar Madam: The state Parties have the responsibility for identifying and nominating new sites .(use noun forms of identifying and nominating)
[06/02, 10:04 AM] Prafulla Mahure: 1.The king addressed hermit as wise one and asked/requested him if he could give him answers to his three questions.
2. It was held out to him for her.
[06/02, 10:06 AM] Prafulla Mahure: The state Parties have the responsibility for *identification* and *nomination* of new sites .(use noun forms of identifying and nominating)
[06/02, 10:09 AM] Kumbhar Madam: Only when the dust is removed, the mirror shines and the reflection becomes clear.( Change the voice beginning with- The mirror....)
[06/02, 10:11 AM] Kumbhar Madam: When the concert came to an end the audience gave the artistes a standing ovation.(Make it compound)
[06/02, 10:24 AM] Prafulla Mahure: The concert came to an end *and* the audience gave the artistes a standing ovation.
[06/02, 11:22 AM] Prafulla Mahure: The mirror shines and the reflection becomes clear only when we remove the dust.
[06/02, 11:25 AM] Prafulla Mahure: No other time was as important as the one when you were digging the beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

Featured Posts

Language Study MCQ Test

Do you have any doubts? Chat with us on WhatsApp
Hello, How can I help you? ...
Click me to start the chat...