Wednesday 29 August 2018

Rapid Reading : The Daisy


Complete the statements
1. A little daisy grew at ............
2. The daisy learnt from the sun and from its surroundings ............
3. The daisy felt that it is very rich because.............
4. The daisy thanks God because ...........
5. The bird (lark ) honoured the daisy by ..........
6. The daisy was very glad and grateful because .........
7. The bird was sad because ...........
8. The bird felt that it would die because..........
9. The boys were responsible for the death of the bird because.........
Arrange in order
1. Lark kissed the daisy.
2. Daisy felt ashamed but glad
3. They cut the turf round the daisy.
4. Lark was caged.
5. The daisy felt very grateful.
6. Lark’s song sounded sad.
7. The following morning two boys came to the ditch.
8. Other flowers were vexed.
9. A girl cut the tulips.
10. The girl carried the tulips away.
Pick out the lines that creates suspense.
Pick out the expressions that show the death of lark and daisy.

Read the extract and extend it by adding an imaginary paragraph of your own in about 120 words.
“I have no water,” said the captive lark, “they have all gone out, and forgotten to give me anything to drink. My throat is dry and burning. I feel as if I had fire and ice within me and the air is so oppressive. Alas! I must die, and part with the warm sunshine, the fresh green meadows, and all the beauty that God has created.” And it thrust its beak into the piece of grass, to refresh itself a little. Then it noticed the little daisy, and nodded to it, and kissed it with its beak and said: “You must also fade in here, poor little flower. You and the piece of grass are all they have given me in exchange for the whole world, which I enjoyed outside. Each little blade of grass shall be a green tree for me, each of your white petals a fragrant flower. Alas! you only remind me of what I have lost.”
Extended Para
Clouds gathered in the sky. The wind blew hard. The Cage started to swing. The lark inside the cage felt nervous. The lark tried to get free. It fluttered its wings against the bars of the cage. Suddenly the cage fell down. Three bars of the cage dislocated. The lark saw the opening in the cage. It rolled over in the cage to bring opening to sideways. The lark’s joy knew no bounds. It came out of the cage slowly and safely. “I will not forget the company you gave in the cage,” the lark said to daisy. It said , “Goodbye”. Seeing the lark flying away the little daisy faded calmly and happily.


Composition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

Featured Posts

Language Study MCQ Test

Do you have any doubts? Chat with us on WhatsApp
Hello, How can I help you? ...
Click me to start the chat...