Thursday 31 August 2017

Practice Time : Work


 Read the following extract and answer the questions given below it.                              

When you are at home I have no peace-

I can’t find a quiet nook;

And time and again you come to me :

“Daddy, read me a book!”

A timid question, a hesitant step,

For often you’ve heard my quirk;

“Another time, then, my little chap.

You see I’m trying to work!"

Questions:

  1)  Complete the statements :
a. The child asks his father to ___________________

b. Father replies that ____________


2)     “Another time, then, my little chap.

You see I’m trying to work!”

Read the lines and answers . What do ‘You’ and ‘I’ stand for?  


3) ‘A timid question, a hesitant step’. Name and explain the figure of speech in the line.

4)“Daddy, read me a book!” Name and explain the figure of speech in the line.

5) Write your feelings about when your father doesn't listen to you.

6) Do you think father should spare time for children? Explain.


7) Rearrange the words in the first three lines of the extract without changing the meaning .  The first one is done for you.
  _I have no peace when you are at home_

8) Compose a couplet (two lines)about father    .    
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you.

Featured Posts

Language Study MCQ Test

Do you have any doubts? Chat with us on WhatsApp
Hello, How can I help you? ...
Click me to start the chat...